Saturday, September 4, 2010

5 Mile Breakfast Bash!

This morning, we completed the DRC 5 mile Breakfast Bash. It was greatness! The course was super-short and the weather was gorgeous. Unfortunately, I woke up this morning with a sore throat and not feeling great and it's confirmed, I'm getting sick. But, I knew I had to finish the race first. I ended up running with Carrie, our pace group leader and we held strong the entire time with a record pace time of 2 minutes faster than normal. Amazing what the change in weather can do.

I'm pretty excited about this new found focus. I know I am finally on my way to slimming down again and creating new milestones. This next Saturday we are running a 16 mile course. We're definitely getting into the intense part of training...bring it! I am going to do everything right to prepare for this. Today, I bought a running/food journal that I feel fits best for me....this is great for accountability and monitoring progress. In addition to this, I bought a Chicken Soup For The Runner's Soul book that will help me remember how great finishing feels.

And I have officially become part of the cool club. I became a member of the Dallas Running Club and I bought a Garmin! The Garmin watch keeps track of time, distance, heart rate, pace, and intervals. It also saves your runs to upload to a computer to view your progress for analysis. I'm pretty stinkin' excited about my new toy and it's the best gift I could have given myself. With this, I will have a clear focus on setting new goals.

This week, I am going to focus on speed. If I could go a faster pace today, I can go a faster pace always, and I need to start striving for that. I'm going to sit on my couch feeling sicky for a couple days, then hopefully will be good to go by Monday night.

Oh and for those of who you are in need of some inspiration....watch this video.(About an hour in length)...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/52585/ford-ironman-world-championship-2008-ironman-world-championships

It is of the 2008 Ironman World Championships. Just a reminder of the length of an Ironman:
2.4 miles of swimming
112 miles on a bike
26.2 miles running-Full Marathon

That is INSANE!!!! But if anything, it just shows what the body is capable of...even if it's nuts! Can you imagine the feeling of that finish? Oh man, no words...If this doesn't inspire you, nothing will.

Today was good for me. I have all the tools set in place to be successful and I'm ready to push hard and set another milestone on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment