Saturday, September 11, 2010

Speed push and 16.5 miles!!!

Wow, okay, lots of running action in the past few days.

Thursday: Speed push. I wanted to see how fast I could go so I switched to 2 min running, 1 min walking intervals and then upped my speed to 5.0 running, 4.0 walking for 2 miles. It was HARD!!! But I pushed to 12:32 minute miles (including the walking) which is pretty amazing for me. Yay for 2 min per mile improvement!

16.5 mile run today: It was humid as hell. We were dripping with sweat within an hour. The first 12 miles was easy. I held up very strong and was shocked at how long I could go without getting tired. Then once we started mile 13, I started getting tired and on mile 14, I got serious calluses on 4 of my toes. This was VERY painful so the last 3 miles was pretty much hell. What's funny is that it wasn't because of fatigue-it was because of the pain from my feet. I'm still limpin' pretty good and am trying to stay off my feet. I got a good tip to put vaseline on my toes for next time so I will try that and see if it makes a difference.

My nutrition was really great this week and I got in 25.5 miles total this week...WOW!!!! By far the most I have EVER gotten in in one week. I'm hoping for a great loss. We shall see!

I've made some decisions about my spring training season. I've decided not to push too hard. Every year I will do the White Rock full marathon with Galloway but I'm thinking this spring I'm just going to do 2 half marathons. The training for that isn't too bad and will feel short compared to what I'm doing now. I'm choosing to do:

Cowtown Half Marathon in Ft Worth-February 27th, 2011
http://www.cowtownmarathon.org/

and

Big D Half Marathon in Dallas-April 10th, 2011
http://www.texasmarathon.com/

ANYONE WITH ME????
I'm really excited about these 2 races because I will strictly be working on speed. I really want to beat my previous time and I'm excited about just having only 13 miles to train for. Will be nice...

That's all I have for now! I will update on the weigh-in on Monday! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment