Friday, November 9, 2012

26 Miler Tomorrow!

Vamping up for our 26 mile run tomorrow! I am actually kind of excited about this one. Yes, I'm crazy. But I think it will be good for me to get out of my head and just enjoy good people, nice weather and great conversation with people I love the most. It really has made such a difference running with people that you are close to. 26 miles is going to be tough, no doubt...but it'll be good to get it done and have that be the last LONG mileage before the race.

One thing that sucks about the training season winding down is that I'm stuck with only gross flavors of Gu. The flavors that "looked good" but aren't, and then all the crap they give you at packet pickup. Like "Rasberry Creme Jelly Chews" and "Apple Cinnamon Oat Bar" that tastes like tree bark. Gross city! The good news: My friend Carrie is gonna save the day by bringing me some good flavors. YAY!!! I'll have to make sure I buy the good stuff before the marathon.

I've been eating horribly this week and then starting Monday, it's back to crazy strict diet for the last 4 weeks of training. I'm actually excited about losing weight and feeling strong again. I feel so fluffy right now! ARGMPH!

29 days and counting until a marathon PR! BRING IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment