Thursday, November 8, 2012

That's What Friends Are For

This Saturday is the yearly 26 mile training run that I hate. It's SOOO long, a full marathon's distance, and you don't even get a medal. WTF?! Anyway, I usually get out of it because it always falls on the weekend of mom's Six Flags company picnic. They shut down the park just for us and I get to bring a friend for free and ride rollercoasters with no lines. SCORE! Well-I had arranged to do that with one of my friends, and then I found out that Sara, one of my friends on my running team....she was going to be running the 26 miles by herself. It kept nagging at me and nagging at me because I know how hard it is to do that distance and she needs support. So, BECAUSE I'M AN AWESOME FRIEND, I made arrangements and will be running the full 26 miles with her on Saturday. This will be the first time I've ever run that distance that wasn't on a marathon. IT'S GOING TO BE AWFUL!!!! Lol the things I do for the ones I love. LOL!!

I am going to show up with a great attitude, some running cheers, lots of stories and of course Golden Oreos will be involved! It's going to be fun. Okay, maybe FUN is stretching it a little, but I'm determined to make the best of it.

26 miles, we are hardcore bitches! YEAH!!

:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment