Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I Did It With A Side Of Sicky!!!

Well a lot has transpired since the last time I blogged! Right after I completed the 26 mile training run, I got a REALLY bad case of bronchitis. It was AWFUL. I was down for 5 weeks and didn't run again during that time. Then it was time for the marathon! I was so nervous and didn't know how it was all going to go down. What was interesting was that on Saturday, the day before the marathon, I felt TERRIBLE and was so upset that I had to deal with it. I finally accepted that I might not be able to run it, but I would try and if I had to stop, I had to stop. Then on Sunday morning, the day of the race, I felt a lot better. THANK GOD! So I was able to run it, and also managed to PR by 13 minutes. My official time was 6:56:18! YAY!! Here's a pic of my girls after our finish! Such a special day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment