Friday, November 26, 2010

In one year's time...

Thanksgiving was awesome. Had a fabulous time with my family and of course ate waaaaay too much food! I'm feeling sick and am seriously craving a salad. Starting tomorrow, it's awesome nutrition and crazy hard work at the gym until next weekend. Tomorrow morning I'm going to get up and run 7-8 miles as my final semi-long run which is now considered a short run of the marathon season. I'm pretty excited!

Looking back on what I've accomplished this year, I'm just amazed. I ran for the very first time on Dec. 8th, 2009. In less than one year, I'm going to run a marathon. I went back and read my earlier posts on my older blog and when I read that I almost passed out after attempting 60 second intervals every 3 min for 20 min total...it just broke my heart. I cannot believe what I couldn't do and I cannot believe what I now CAN! My grandma's house has these stairs and every single time I have walked up them in the past, I've been out of breath and my heart race increased...every time. Today without even thinking, I walked up to help my mom with something and noticed ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGE IN HEARTBEAT! It's something so simple, yet so huge!!!! I am so freakin' happy. I am CONDITIONED!!! Ya know, I was watching Biggest Loser tonight and was excited to see that the contestants are now "in the zone"...they are focused and nothing is going to stop them. As it gets harder, they keep going and that's where I am now. Nothing can stop me at this point. I am trained, conditioned and even though I've sadly gained weight...I'm STRONG! I am going to finish this bitch of a marathon and nothing is going to stop me! And I know I'm gonna cry like a baby as I finish. One year's work...one moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment