Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful....

I got my run in tonight so I should be good for Saturday. The gym was completely dead, it was awesome. I held strong and am very surprised by my stamina as of late. Go me!
I have several friends running the Turkey Trot tomorrow morning and I have to admit that I'm sad that I am missing it. I never miss a race!! It's supposed to be 8 miles with cool weather...perfect!! I'm curious to see if the t-shirt has a turkey on it. That would be seriously groovy. I can try for next year but we always go out of town so not sure if it's ever going to happen...

Today was a really good day. I woke up and cleaned and got my tree up, compliments of my awesome brother. I baked pumpkin pie and chocolate peanut butter cookies and am happy to report that I think I'm turning out to be a pretty decent cook. YAY! :0)

I had a touching experience today that made me really thankful for what I have in my life. When I went to Target to pick up my ingredients, I noticed the check-out lady didn't respond when I said hello to her. I said it louder and she still never responded. I was confused at first but then she looked up at me and smiled and that's when I realized she couldn't hear. I felt so bad for her, wondering what her life must be like and as if she knew what I was thinking, she handed me a legal pad that said...

"Hi, my name is LP and I am deaf. I am happy to serve you today. Have a great day and keep shining! :)" She was so incredibly vibrant and you could tell she was extremely happy with life. From that three minutes of contact with her, she made an impact. If that woman can live life to the fullest with her circumstance, I certainly can make the most of my life. I have so many things to be thankful for. I have an amazing mother, who I absolutely adore (even if she doesn't read my blog..grr) and the rest of my family is awesome too. My friends are the best and always lift me up when things get tough. I have the best dog in the world and a kick-ass apartment that I wouldn't trade for anything. I am running a freakin' marathon next weekend and I'm about to graduate with my Masters. I'm a kind and loving person and I know how to have a blast. I am truly blessed.

A friend of the family lost her husband yesterday to cancer. We knew it was coming but it's really hard to know that she has to get through it without him. My mom and I are going to take turns spending the night over there to help her through. It's so sad. Again, I am so very thankful.

I hope everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment