Thursday, December 2, 2010

Closing out the training season..

Wow, what a ride it has been! I finished my last training run tonight and it was pretty amazing. I finished with a record breaking pace of 10:57. When we started in June, I was averaging 15:50. I've come so far. I will never forget my first training run with the team. I almost died doing 4 miles and didn't know that I could ever do a full marathon. Now, I KNOW I can and I WILL! I'm so proud of my work this season and cannot wait to break even more speed records in the spring.

My friend Carrie and I are going to the expo on Saturday to pick up our race packets and I know it's going to be a runner's dream to see all the booths. I found out that my bib # is going to be 5940. I always keep my bibs but this one is going to be extra special...my first full marathon. Wow.

My mom, Jeana and Christina are coming for sure to watch me finish. I'm pretty excited to have some support. I'm going to spend the next 2 days resting up and mentally preparing for Sunday. I'm so incredibly proud and excited about my work thus far and I'm feeling proud of who I am and what I always strive to accomplish. As previously stated, I'm in the happy place.

2 comments:

  1. I must say that I too, am incredibly proud of you! A year ago, you put your mind to running to prove that you could do it, and you have! I can't wait to be there on Sunday to watch you cross the finish line. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, C! So glad you are coming!!!

    ReplyDelete