Sunday, January 16, 2011

My first 10K

I ran my first 10K yesterday with Christina and Carie. It was probably one of my favorite races to date. Definitely doing that one again. My goal time was 1:38:00 and I finished in 1:23:28...I'd say I crushed that goal. Oh yeah! I'm feeling lighter and according to my scale, I have dropped a significant amount of weight this week. I'll know just how much tomorrow on my official weigh-in day.

I had some temptations this week but I overcame them with no problem. The pizza was kinda tempting at the TAKS night that I worked, but overall I had no problem staying away from it. I just kept thinking how gross it would make me feel afterwards. Then yesterday, I had to really turn up my will power. My family came into town and we were having a late lunch around 4pm and then I had another dinner at my running banquet at 7. I chose to eat very little that morning so I'd be hungry and then I ate a few chips and a little bit of soup at the family dinner and then when I got to the banquet, I had one fajita with a spoonful of refried beans and I didn't eat the brownie. I was completely satisfied and didn't feel like I was missing out. It was a great balance for me.

This week, life is going to get a lot more stressful. I'm starting school and will have a lot of homework on top of work and internship hours. I'm really dreading it but I guess the best thing I can do for myself is to keep working out in the mornings and keep going to bed early and eating right. It's going to fly by and I'm already down almost 10 lbs from when I started back mid Dec. so if I keep going, maybe I can look really good by the time it's all over and time for summer! That's the plan anyway...

This upcoming weekend, I'm running with Jeana for her first 15K. It's the 2nd 15K I have done with a friend so I'm pretty excited about it. Then the next weekend, my
3rd Half Marathon!! My goal by the end of May is to break the 3 hour mark and get in the 2's. I have a feeling that it will be a couple months before I'm able to and I'm okay with that. All I can do is the best I can. Should be interesting to see where I turn out concerning time.

Overall I'm doing exceptionally well at this whole workout/eating right thing. I'd say the thing that's pulling me through is not 100% depriving myself. If I want fries or chips, I'll eat 1 or 2 and then stop and make sure the rest of the meal is really healthy. It's so much healthier to just eat 1 or 2 bites of whatever it is that's bad than eating a ton of it later from deprivation. When I'm not really wanting it, I choose not to eat it and save those bites for when I feel it's a serious craving. So far it's working!

That's all I have for now. I will post my weigh-in results tomorrow. Thanks for reading! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment