Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ugh...

I'm not gonna lie, this week sucked. I was so busy and stressed that I doubt I will lose any weight this week. That sucks too because I had a really great nutrition/exercise week, but my body always holds on to weight when I'm stressed. I started this new relaxation thing where I light candles and listen to spa music. Did that work? Nope. The entire time I kept thinking "Ok when do I need to get THAT done?" Ugh...I've been struggling. I need to learn to relax my MIND as well as my body. That goes along with running speed as well. The more relaxed your mind is, the faster your body can go. There's just so much to learn...

It has been established that I don't spend NEAR enough time stretching. I've always been bad about not stretching but I need to start making it a priority because I'm REALLY starting to feel the tension in my body. My back and all my muscles are really tight and hurting. I'm going to schedule that massage I got for my birthday last year. I'm in DIRE need of one.

This weekend I have my 3rd half marathon. The course is around White Rock Lake so it's relatively flat. YAY! I'm really curious to see how I do because my last half marathon, I finished 3:11 and that was a VERY good day. My goal is to hit 2:59:59 before the end of the spring, but I'm not sure I'll get there with this race. It will probably take some time to make that happen and I'm okay with that. Should be interesting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment