Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 1 and a 15K!

So I made it through the first speed training week. Was a good week. No cheats, great nutrition and lots and lots of running! I clocked 20 miles this week, and that's great! I've found that I love running in the morning. It's over at 6:00AM and I feel so great during the day. I'm really glad I've started this habit.

I'll be honest, I'm not expecting a huge loss this week and I think it's going to be because I've been doing pretty well overall before this, so my body is somewhat used to all this and not as reactive. It's kind of sad. I remember when I would run 20 minutes 3 times a week and eat great and I would drop weight like crazy! Not now, I really have to work for it now. I weigh in tomorrow morning, so I'll let you know how it goes!

I've been thinking of ways to improve the diet and honestly, I did really well this week. One thing I know I can improve on is preparing more veggie type foods. My issue is being busy and exhausted with these new long hours that I don't want to cook chicken and salad; I'll just get a WW dinner instead. While I know those dinners are fine and you can lose weight eating those, it's ultimately better for you to prepare real food. I need to spend more time making a salad with that meal and eating more veggies. Oh and water, that's a big one. Still feel like I can't get enough of that in. So I'm going to work on that for this next week and see if it makes a difference on the scale!

I ran another 15K this past Saturday! It was in Grapevine and it was called BOLD IN THE COLD! I really liked the course! It was very pretty and peaceful but damn, those runners were fast! My time was 2:11:44 which was 18 minutes and 13 seconds faster than my last 15K. My overall pace was 13:57 which is the fastest I've ever gone outside. It was a good time for me but the slowest pace of the race was 14:02! 14:02!!!!! That's crazy!! The last 15K I did, TOO HOT TO HANDLE...the slowest time was over a 17 minute pace so I was really surprised at that 14. Gotta give credit to those Grapevine peeps, they are fast! Speaking of fast, I went with my friend Casey and he's crazy fast. I think he finished at like a 7:35 pace or something. That's so amazing and he's just starting long distance! I felt really bad that he had to wait almost an hour for me to finish. Yeah, how much does that suck that he could have gone out to eat and come back and still been back before I finished. Oh yes, gotta love being slow.

I have high hopes for this week! I don't really feel deprived and am looking forward to losing more weight and hitting more speed records. I'm bumping up to level 2 of my 16 levels in my speed training plan. I'm pumped!! I might not make it to the gym tomorrow because I'm not feeling very well right now. I feel like something is coming on so I might take tomorrow morning and rest. I'm really praying for a snow day but we won't know if that'll happen till the morning. I normally schedule Tuesday as a rest day and I'll just switch out Monday for Tuesday this week so I won't be losing any running days.

So far I feel really focused and ready for the next challenge! This weekend is the Hot Chocolate 10K in Addison. We get a shirt, a 10K finisher mug and we get to fill it with hot chocolate. I'm pretty excited about it!

Ok I'm off to get some rest to force myself to feel better. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment