Saturday, August 11, 2012

Gearin' Up For Half #9

I am running the Hottest Half Marathon in the morning! Woo Hoo! I got the race shirt, it's fine...should be cool since it's white, and I'm excited about getting another medal. One more hole to fill on my new medal rack! YAY!

I know it's going to be tough-was absolutely horrible last year when I did it. BUT-if we get a breeze, that'll help. I also know the course well and it's pretty flat. AND-I am 25 lbs lighter than I was this time last year when I ran the race. I am really curious to see if I beat my time. I should. Last year's hottest half was by far my worst half marathon time so if I don't, I have issues.

I admit I've been a slacker the last couple of weeks. I've been doing a lot of stretching and low key stuff, but haven't been getting as many runs in as I should. I want to start fresh after this half and do my required 2 weekly runs in before the long run on Saturdays. On our team schedule, I have 17 miles next Saturday, but that after a 13 mile half? Not sure how that's gonna work. I guess we will see how much energy I have at that time.

Wish me luck! I will be SO happy when it's over!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment