Monday, July 2, 2012

2010 Too Hot To Handle 15K



This race certainly lived up to it's name. It was a 9 miles of pure hell. First of all, it started late. Almost 30-45 min late, and it got hotter and hotter. The first part of the race wasn't bad. But by the last two miles, we were all dying. I remember only being able to run 40 seconds of the minute interval. And the same was for those around me. Jamie tried to keep us motivated by blaring loud music on her belt, but it didn't work. I thought I was gonna die!! We finally finished, and I'd never been so happy to see the word FINISH in my life!


At the end, after a few minutes of rest, we got a group photo. This was our 2010 Slow Burner Running Team! Memories!!


Since then, we've run in the same horrid heat, but not once have we ever done this race again. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment