Saturday, July 7, 2012

30/30s

This morning was our 11 miler. It was insanely muggy and I'm pretty sure it's the wettest we've been this season so far. Our Marine Corp runners went early to complete an extra 2 miles but the regular marathoners started at 5am. We tried 30/30s instead of 1:1's. I was against this at first but I have to be honest, I liked them. I felt good the entire time, didn't tire out too bad and could have gone longer. I also felt good for a long time after the run. Score! I can't tell if it was easier because of the 30/30s themselves, or because there wasn't a hot sun today. I'm curious to see if I feel the same on a hot sun kind of day.

I'm feeling good about training and had a great weigh-in week. I lost 2.6 lbs and 4.8 inches! YAY!!! I am starting to see the reshaping of my body and that's uber exciting. I am amazed at the results of strength training. Must. Keep. Going!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment